Last updated: January 2020
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or third-party online appointment scheduling app?
When filling out our online questionnaire, scheduling an appointment or registering on our site for email communications, you may be asked to enter your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your online experience. By supplying us with your contact information, you are providing your implied consent for us to contact you through email communications or by phone to follow up on your request for information.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you schedule an online appointment, subscribe to email communications, respond to an online survey, fill out a form, place an order if available, enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services. When you subscribe to our email communications (our newsletter or other online communications programs), you are providing your express consent for us to send you future email communications regarding our services. You may opt-out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our email newsletter, respond to an online survey or marketing communication, surf our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To schedule a complimentary phone consultation
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your credit card transactions when applicable
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To send periodic email communications you have subscribed to with information you have requested
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
1. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities by our web hosting provider in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
2. We use regular Malware Scanning and Virus Protection Software on our local computers.
3. Your personal information is contained behind secured firewalls and networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology via any third-party credit card processing application. All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers or computers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions or website analytics as they relate to our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, reporting or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CASL & the CAN SPAM Act
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and the CAN-SPAM Act in the US are laws that set the rules for commercial email, establish requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
With your consent, we collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CASL & CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- After our initial email, to only contact you after your express consent has been received through subscription to our email communications
Opting Out or Changing Your Personal Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future email communications, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence or from the selected communications you request.
Your acceptance of these terms
Notification of changes